Sunday, March 1, 2009

Illustration of a short story





So, our next assignment was to illustrate the concept of a short story. The story involved a small bird and a statue in a church. It was about isolation and self worth. I chose to capture a statue of a tortured soul.... however, I could not ever settle on the background. My first concept was to put other statuary in a group and the main character was in isolation. I never liked it much and by the time I painted it, I really hated it. So, Johanna and I came up with doing a church and that is the final. I've included both ideas and the final so you can make up your own mind on whether I chose right.

1 comment:

  1. guess who this is... kirk! it's been more than a decade since the last time we saw each other. i used to hang out with you in your room playing billiards with you and Josh. i'm really excited to see that you are pursuing your dream as an illustrator! R.

    ReplyDelete